Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can diarrhea part of colon cancer- and i added a fun thing he did?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby fridgeir » Wed Nov 19, 1980 4:56 am

My hubby's dad died from colon cancer
And his poop was tested for bacteria etc… and came back normal and he found out he is not lactose intolerant so the dr scheduled a colonoscopy

Well, I had a belly laugh last night over my hubby- he was angry that I laughed at him- but it was so funny and if it were me I would have laughed at myself
for a few weeks he said he had a colonoscopy today- anyway- we told lots of people about it- esp. me- to ask for prayers that it's not cancer- anyway- he was planning on it and I even set the alarm clock for 5:40 am because the procedure was at 6:45 am and all day yesterday he didn't eat and took his pooping meds and drinks etc...

Around 10:30 pm last night he looked at the form and realized the procedure was for April 19th LOL LOL LOL LOL
He was a week early LOL LOL LOL

Anyway can diarrhea be a symptom of colon cancer- he had all those other tests and they were negative and he has had it for almost 2 months now

I know I should not laugh esp if it may be cancer but with the stress of the situation it was nice to laugh and after so long it made me feel better
fridgeir

Postby jamieson » Sat Jan 24, 1981 4:05 pm

Diarrhea can be a symptom of colon cancer however it is very nonspecific, meaning that it can be due to many other reasons, which it sounds like the doctors have been trying to rule out other causes of diarrhea including infections and lactose intolerance. The colonoscopy may help figure out what is causing this and is especially prudent given the family history of colon cancer.
Hope everything goes well.
jamieson

Postby bedyw » Sun Aug 11, 1991 2:23 pm

he had gotten colonoscopys every 5 years for the past 10 years but his last one was only 2 1/2 years ago- so hopefully it's not cancer
bedyw

Postby eorlland85 » Tue Nov 27, 2001 9:28 am

he had gotten colonoscopys every 5 years for the past 10 years but his last one was only 2 1/2 years ago- so hopefully it's not cancer
That truly is funny... at least he didn't miss the appt, which probably would have taken a whole month to get rescheduled. My symptoms were real similar to your hubbys. I had constant diarrhea and bloated constantly. I had a colonoscopy, a sigmoid and a bunch of rectal exams as well as stool tests to check for blood in my stool. All which were negative except fissures. They were painful and caused diarrhea and painful bowels. Before my initial visit to have the colonoscopy the GI dr. told me it could be a hundered of other things besides cancer but did the colonoscopy to rule out colon cancer. It was very uncomfortable and thanfully it was over pretty fast. I think the worst part of it all was drinking that poopy medicine the night before. I still have the problem every now and then and it's a pain in the ???. I hope my answer helps a little. Hope he's feeling better soon.
eorlland85

Postby arlis100 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:35 am

My hubby's dad died from colon cancer
And his poop was tested for bacteria etc… and came back normal and he found out he is not lactose intolerant so the dr scheduled a colonoscopy

Well, I had a belly laugh last night over my hubby- he was angry that I laughed at him- but it was so funny and if it were me I would have laughed at myself
for a few weeks he said he had a colonoscopy today- anyway- we told lots of people about it- esp. me- to ask for prayers that it's not cancer- anyway- he was planning on it and I even set the alarm clock for 5:40 am because the procedure was at 6:45 am and all day yesterday he didn't eat and took his pooping meds and drinks etc...

Around 10:30 pm last night he looked at the form and realized the procedure was for April 19th LOL LOL LOL LOL
He was a week early LOL LOL LOL

Anyway can diarrhea be a symptom of colon cancer- he had all those other tests and they were negative and he has had it for almost 2 months now

I know I should not laugh esp if it may be cancer but with the stress of the situation it was nice to laugh and after so long it made me feel better
arlis100

Return to Colon Cancer