Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Research – Double Mastectomy Not Improving Survival Rates

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can cancer be detected with a CT scan?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby masselin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

I recently had CT scan for my appendix and I was wondering if I had cancer like colon cancer or any cancer would it show durning the CT scan? .
masselin

Postby camshron94 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:46 pm

for me CT showed i had a mass (even thought they could feel it anyway) but i still had to get a biopsy to know what it was
im not sure if they would be looking for colon cancer if you had an appendix prob
camshron94

Postby lockwood98 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:54 pm

I had a CT scan to determine if I had colon cancer and not only did they find the colon tumor, they also said that my appendix had to come out. They also said that the appendix may have to come out before the tumor was removed. I told them to add it to the list. What could I say? Anyway, when they operated on me for the colon tumor, they also removed the appendix. The appendix was not cancerous. Good luck with your health issues!! It sometimes seems like an insurmountable feat to get treated for cancer, but it can be done!!!!
lockwood98

Return to Colon Cancer