Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can a CT scan be wrong?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Can a CT scan be wrong?

Postby tyrone » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Hello okay so I've been having serious stomach problems and I've been to the emergency room twice. The first time I had kidney stones and they did a ct scan. Anyway after the kidney stone incident I starting having horrible uncomfortable pains in my stomach - bubbling burning sharp pains anyway I went to the doctors to see what was wrong he did blood work everything was normal. I was still having problems so I went to the ER and they diagnosed me with gastritis. They did a wider range of blood work again and it came back normal. Anyway the pain still was around but then I started getting cramping in my back... ( I got it around my period but it lasted after my period was over). Anyway I didn't think anything of it. Then on the news I heard about Colin cancer and I started to look up the symptoms and I started to get freaked out and made another appointment Witt the doctor. Anyway I told her my deal and told her I thought maybe I had colon cancer and she said no you don't and brought up the CT scan from when I went in for my kidney stones. The CT scan showed all the organs in the body. Anyway she printed out the report and it said everything was normal. For the colon it said colon: "grossly normal". What does this mean ... Should I still be scared ? She gave me some Zanex to calm me down bc I have bad anxiety rly rly bad anyway what do you think??
tyrone

Can a CT scan be wrong?

Postby hulbart » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:35 pm

"Grossly normal" means normal when looking at the larger view.

As distinct from "microscopically normal" when a biopsy sample is examined under the microscope.

If nothing showed up on the CT scan then it is highly improbable you have colon cancer.

Sounds like you are a bit of a hypochondriac who should never listen to news stories about medical issues or look up symptoms on the internet.
hulbart

Can a CT scan be wrong?

Postby bittor70 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Prudent* to see a general surgeon/local homeopath for physical examination, relevant investigations, accurate diagnosis and permanent cure by medication and or surgical interference.

PS. If satisfied/benefited with, inform others to browse 'Yahoo Answers’ on any health issue.
bittor70

Can a CT scan be wrong?

Postby leon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Hospitals spend mega- dollars for CT scan equipment and the doctors love to use them on patients with good insurance. It is there to make money, right? A CT gives you a radiation dose equivalent to 1,000 chest x-rays. Radiation causes cancer. People spend billions of dollars to stay alive after contracting cancer. Go get some cheap medium blend ground coffee and take a coffee retention enema (Google for instructions). Repeat twice a week. You will have no pain. I use it and it works great! It is also used to treat cancer, but flushes your internal organs of toxins.
leon

Return to Colon Cancer