Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Calcified Brain Mass (A Tumor Or Not?)?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby yates11 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Ok, I asked this question yesterday but didn't give any details, So here are some.
I had a CT scan of my brain done about 2 weeks ago. It showed that I had a large calcified mass in the right cerebellar hemisphere of my brain. Yesterday my neurologist ordered 2 MRI's, one of my brain and the other of my entire spine.
Details;
1. pain followed by burning, then numbness in the left side of my body mainly my left leg, left foot,
and left arm and hand. Sometimes I stumble because I can't feel where my foot is, in relation to walking.

2. I have severe sharp, stabbing, electric shock type pain shooting down from my back down into my buttocks.

3.I have had severe headaches on th left side of my heard and even my left eye. My eye feels like it will blow up. The headaches are really bad after I wake from a nap, or do physical activities.

4. The headaches and back pains started about 2 1/2 years ago, followed by the other symptoms about a year ago.

5. At this point now I have short term memory loss, blurred vision in my left eye, I can't concentrate, slightly slurred speech, loss of a little coordination, and I feel tired all the time, not to mention I rarely sleep more than 2 hours at a time.
I have had ED for about 2years also.

So can anyone tell me now if the mass they found in my head might be a tumor (cancerous) or a tumor on my spine causing these symptoms?
I haven't gotten my results back yet and I kind of scared.
yates11

Postby lothar88 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:19 pm

OK.
I answered I your Q yesterday when no data was available.
it seems you sure have some neurological problem but to me cancer seems last probability.
You just need to wait for your MRI result and need to relax.
I will like to know outcome of MRI if you can post.
lothar88

Postby claudius » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Ok, here's some of the results of my MRI "Partially visualized cystic, solid lesion in the superficial
lobe of the right parotid gland in the tip of the gland with probable satellite
Ipsilateral enlarged lymph node". Subcortical gliosis in right posterior cerebellar hemisphere and small ischemia.
claudius

Return to Brain Tumors