Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bumps on cervix are gone in 2 days? what could it be? ten points?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby sakima » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 am

I have been consistently checking myself for the past few days cause I have been frightened I might have cervical cancer. Checking it 2 days ago, there were 3 prominent bumps, one of which was really smooth and must have been the size of a pencil eraser. the other two felt like prominent white heads. After discovery, my fiancee, who is a trained gyno with tools, checked it out for me. He said it looks pink and not eroded, shape is perfect, but there were veiny/spotty patterns around maybe 20% of the cervix. Looking that up, all I could find was that it meant cancer or advanced cancer. One of which said it was indicative of the LAST stage of cancer if there are a lot and are tumors popping up and has gone into your bloodstream. That scared me to the point of crying cause I could not find any other reason and I was sure it passed into my bloodstream. Then my logical self said "yeah, you totally have the LAST stage of cervical cancer and it is running into your bloodstream about to kill you yet you bike 7 miles every day and don't seem in pain or sick. Get real" I should listen to that part of my brain right? Anyway, after days of prodding and poking at the stupid thing, I noticed that 2 of the bumps were gone. I don't know if malignant tumors jet disappear in 2 days.. or flatten out after two day. But I can't feel em. I don't know if my consistent agitation of the cervix did this but I ended up having a small amount of blood on finger today after observing. Some of the cervix is slightly rougher than the other side, but it seems less and less, I do not know why. Now all I am concerned about are the weird capillary areas and what the hell they are, that does worry me. I know, go see a obgyn and get it looked at. I am, but that doesn't help me feel better atm. which is what I want
sakima

Postby lleweliyn22 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:09 am

If your fiance is a 'trained gyno with tools', why aren't you asking him? And why didn't he do a pap smear?

Stop worrying yourself senseless. Stop Googling an illness you don't have. If you're insistent on Google, look up pictures of advanced cervical cancer and see how different those look from your healthy, pink non-eroded cervix. And stop self examining, unless you too are a trained gyno with tools and a colposcope.
lleweliyn22

Postby jeevan59 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:16 am

Z
jeevan59

Postby lir » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:19 am

You are healthy as a horse. Stage IV cancer patients of any type would normally not even be able to fantasize of riding a bike seven miles per day. Infection, that your nodes were fighting and your body beat it.

There is a term called differential diagnosis. So the symptoms might one have can be initially attributed to many different disease. For instance, shortness of breath could be due to lung cancer, but 99.9% of the time it is just because of a cold or an infection or just exhaustion. Be careful of differential diagnosis, they can be very misleading.
lir

Return to Cervical Cancer