Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bruise on my Stomach?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Bruise on my Stomach?

Postby boot » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:22 am

A few days ago, a bruise appeared on my lower left side stomach, and it has stayed there all week. And then today, I have noticed that it became a dark red. I take Victiza(it's an injection), but the last time I took it, it was a little over a week ago. The bruise doesn't hurt, but its there, and I'm getting concerned because it seems like its getting worse.
I don't know if it's internal bleeding, or a sign of Leukemia. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I didn't bump my stomach into anything, just FYI.
boot

Bruise on my Stomach?

Postby barnum1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:30 am

A few days ago, a bruise appeared on my lower left side stomach, and it has stayed there all week. And then today, I have noticed that it became a dark red. I take Victiza(it's an injection), but the last time I took it, it was a little over a week ago. The bruise doesn't hurt, but its there, and I'm getting concerned because it seems like its getting worse.
I don't know if it's internal bleeding, or a sign of Leukemia. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I didn't bump my stomach into anything, just FYI.
Are you running fever? But, best you go see a doctor. There is a skin infection, Cellulitis, that can look like that. Staff skin infections can look weird too. Get yourself checked out.
barnum1

Return to Leukemia Forum