Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Brown discharge and abdominal pain?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby budington69 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm

A few days after I was suppose to have my cycle I began to have a dark brown discharge for about 3 days causing me to change my pad every two hours or so.right after that I stated light spotting (blood) sometimes still mixed with the brown discharge...yesterday I started FEELING soreness like tight muscles in my whole lower abdominal area it hurt when I touch it ....i know I need to go to a doc but I have no heath insurance please any info will be greatly appreciated
budington69

Postby cinneidigh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Hello, here is an article that lists facts in regards to brown discharge. I hope this information helps to answer a few of your questions. Take care.
Normal vaginal discharge usually looks clear or white. Occasionally experiencing brown discharge is not always a cause for concern. Other unusual colors of discharge include gray, green or yellow. Whenever unusual vaginal discharge is accompanied by a foul odor, a trip to the doctor becomes necessary, as it may be a sign of infection.

Following Periods
Palo Alto Medical Foundation points out that brown discharge that follows a woman's period is most likely old blood leaving the vagina. This may be the vagina's way of cleaning out any remnants of blood and tissue left from menstruation.

Ovulation, or the release of an egg by a woman's ovaries, occurs about two weeks after the menstrual period. Clear vaginal discharge proves common during ovulation. However, sometimes a small amount of bleeding can occur at this time and it may look brown suggests the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. Experiencing this type of mild spotting every month should cause concern.

Following Sex
Sexual intercourse can cause some mild to moderate irritation inside the vagina. Brown blood following sex can indicate that some bleeding occurred and has dried a bit before leaving the body. Medical professional should treat any significant bleeding or pain following intercourse to ensure another condition does not exist, such as an infection.

Infection
Several infections, including sexually transmitted ones, can cause brown discharge, odor and even pain. This includes pelvic inflammatory disease, genital warts, gonorrhea and chlamydia.

Cervical Cancer
The National Institutes of Health explains that cervical cancer can cause a wide variety of symptoms or no symptoms at all. Symptoms, when present, of cervical cancer include unusual and prolonged vaginal discharge that can appear pale, watery, pink, brown or bloody. Intercourse can increase the discharge or cause pain in the pelvic region.

Other Spotting
Some women may notice some breakthrough bleeding or spotting in between menstrual periods that looks brown or red. This is also a potential side effect of some birth control methods, such as those that postpone the menstrual period.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/120971…
cinneidigh

Return to Cervical Cancer