Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bronchitis Vs. Pneumonitis

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Postby Thurmond » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 pm

When I published my companion was experiencing a heavy cough.  The GP diagnosed bronchitis that will be brought on by a illness BUT supplied him augmentin and prednisone to be certain it was not brought on by bacteria. Nowadays he's much far better.  If it was bronchitis then he must not be even greater right?
The objective is he might possess the not and pneumonitis bronchitis? Does he carry on the pneumonitis have been brought on by the Afinitor which in the very very first spot when the pneumonitis is a lot far better?
Any individual continued acquiring Afinitor and had pneumonitis?
Itis complex and I thanks for assisting me figure it out.
Thurmond

Postby Stephen » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:31 am

I can not specifically answer your questions since I do not consider Afinitor.  But I understand where you could find some answers.  Are you acquainted with the ACOR KIDNEY_ONC webserver?  There's an amazing range and air of information over there for help cancer victims. [that is really how I understood about pneumonitis being fully a fairly frequent side-effect from using this medication].
Try going here: http://listserv.acor.org/programs/california-ACOR.exe?A0=KIDNEY-ONC
Stephen

Postby Kaelin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:33 am

My pain was also right abdomen, just under the right rib cage. When reading the long list of side effects of Afinitor, it states abdominal pain. After my scan, the Afinitor was not doing the job it was supposed to so they switched me to Votrient.
Kaelin

Postby Assan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:42 pm

I had been in an identical scenario while getting Afinitor. I also got the heavy cough and shortness of breath. The origins of pneumonia. Our Dr. Recommended a 5-day PAC medicines and when I started initially to feel much better I extended about the Afinitor. Months later-after experiencing some abdominal discomfort and another PET scan, the Dr. Once more changed my medicine to Votrient. 400 mg. Everyday for just two months. I accepted the medication properly and the measure was risen to 800mg daily. Thus far so great as far as unwanted effects. Another check in 5 months. And on and on and on. Every day personally I think good is just a good day.
Bauergj
Assan

Postby Vinson » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:40 am

Thanks for the info.  Bauergj you mentioned abdominal pain too.  My husband has been having right upper quadrant pain.  He had a pet and a bone scan and it doesn't show additional mets.  Where was your pain?  I am wondering if his pain is from the Afinitor.
Vinson

Return to Kidney Cancer