Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bone Graft 7 Days Old

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Bone Graft 7 Days Old

Postby Travion » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:56 pm

I had bone graft done on #30 site 10 days ago on a Thursday. I started brushing my teeth with care, avoiding the bone graft area on Friday night. The stitches partially came out on that Sunday. The stitches completely came out on the following Wednesday, and there seems to be a hole at the site where the bone graft was done. I observe some white build-up, and I can't really tell if they are food particles or the bone graft material. The gum around the hole is tender. I can't really tell if my bone graft site was exposed to early.  I have no pain, no bleeding. I just feel exposed. My oral surgeon said that some bone graft material will leak out. I did experience VERY MINOR leakage, where I felt the material while chewing. Is there something I should do?
Travion

Bone Graft 7 Days Old

Postby Carthage » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:46 am

Jenny - Your description of what happened and what is left is not totally abnormal.  Sutures can come early if they were put in with a little tension in the gum tissue that was sutured.  The most important thing you should do is to keep the area clean with warm salt water rinse, especially after meals.  If you truly have any questions, you should contact the surgeon to evaluate the area.  It does not sound bad.
Carthage

Bone Graft 7 Days Old

Postby Delmon » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 pm

I had bone graft done on #30 site 10 days ago on a Thursday. I started brushing my teeth with care, avoiding the bone graft area on Friday night. The stitches partially came out on that Sunday. The stitches completely came out on the following Wednesday, and there seems to be a hole at the site where the bone graft was done. I observe some white build-up, and I can't really tell if they are food particles or the bone graft material. The gum around the hole is tender. I can't really tell if my bone graft site was exposed to early.  I have no pain, no bleeding. I just feel exposed. My oral surgeon said that some bone graft material will leak out. I did experience VERY MINOR leakage, where I felt the material while chewing. Is there something I should do?
Delmon

Return to Bone Cancer