Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Blood In Seman!!! Anybody Else Experience This?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

Postby kennan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Hello all,

I am a 35 year old male...who is very worried!

A little more than a week ago, I went to the doctor complaining of this pressure feeling in my lower pelvic area (almost like when you hold your pee too long)...

He did a urine test and did not notice any blood in my urine...

He also did an STD check with blood work...

(Safe to say came back negative)

I went home that afternoon after the doc and I masterbated...

Upon ejaculation, I noticed my seman was tainted pink...with streaks of blood...

FREAKED ME OUT!

I went to ER...The doctor that saw me told me that he called urology and was told due to my age that it's common...

They gave me anti-botics and sent me home...

I did a follow up with my doc the next day...I explained to him what happened...

He again told me that usually things like this go away as sudden as they appeared..

But he said I'll do a prostate test...

He checked my penis and testies and told me that he did not feel any masses or lumps..

Then he did a prostate exam and told me that my prostate feels normal...

He asked if it hurt when he was touching it and I told him it did not....

He told me to continue taking my anti-biotics.

I let a couple days pass and I masterbated again in the shower...

I noticed the blood again...this time bright red but not mixed in...it was in all the seman fluid...

No clots just blood...It did not hurt or felt any different when I ejaculated either...

I went back to urgent care....

The doc did a urine test and told me that there was a "trace" of blood, but that it could be from the ejaculation earlier...

Again he reassured me that due to my age it's usually not serious...

He called urology and again was told that it's like a nose bleed...

He said it could be inflammation or a little vessel that busted...

I asked him about cancer, tumors, and etc and he told me that though this is alarming its 98 percent always benigne...

He did a CBC and PSA test and just got the results and ALL is normal..

Should I worry?
kennan

Postby bernardino » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:44 pm

PSA was normal so that is great news. You most likely are being treated for Prostatitis which can cause the feeling of a full bladder and blood in the semen and urine. It is common in men your age. It does take a loooonnnnggg time to go away. You may/should be on antibiotics for 28 days to really clear it up...Bactrim DS (Sulfamethazole) is a great drug for treating that condition.
bernardino

Postby Frankie » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm

The mind can do strange things to people who don't know much about a subject.

Continue with the antibiotics and see what happens after you're taken all the pills. If you keep calling the doctor he's going to keep prescribing tests and taking your money, while you go through unnecessary worry. While you're doing this, you've become a side joke in his office.

Take the antibiotics and see what happens, its probably nothing.
Frankie

Postby Rigg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 pm

nope, you should not.
Rigg

Postby orton » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 pm

i would definitely worry if i were you, but i also think you should listen to the doctor for now.. and of course it isn't normal to bleed when you *** and im not sure if it's common in your age?? Tell the doctor to be more clear about his statements but for now try to relax and see if it goes a way in a while.. if it doesnt, then go back cuz then there must be something to take care of! good luck!
orton

Postby Thayne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 pm

i did not journey it yet perhaps you oftentimes concept it quite is you are able to hit upon which you have been pregnant via taking a house try. So, in a manner, you experience such as you neglected out on that have. I nonetheless have the try that we was certain i replace into pregnant. i don't be attentive to why via fact the be conscious "pregnant" isn't on there anymore yet I basically could not throw it away. flow out and purchase your self one. in spite of if that is bothering you, that is quite truthfully worth the money. you will discover the save kind exams for 7 money. have faith me, after carrying a toddler you would be attentive to which you're worth plenty extra beneficial than 7 money!
Thayne

Postby Jokin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:16 pm

You are being paranoid. Trust your doctor's prognosis. The urethra, from the bladder, passes through the prostate gland so any blood from the prostate would also show up in your urine. Blood from the testes is unlikely to be visible to the human eye because the total quantity of spermatic fluid in semen is quite minute (less than 5%).

You either have a recurring mild urinary tract infection or you have burst a capillary blood vessel, which is not an uncommon thing to happen and requires no treatment.

I have had prostate cancer and at no time did it cause a show of blood in my urine or semen
Jokin

Return to Prostate Cancer