Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Blood In My Husbands Urine And Sperm

All discussions relating to bladder cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby dee83 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:48 pm

Hi, My husband is 29 years old and in good health however over the past year he has had blood and clots in his urine and or sperm after we have sex. He went to his local doctor who at first put him on antibiotics because he thought it may just be an infection after 7 visits for the same problem and 7 lots of being on antibiotics and the problem still reoccurring and nothing being found in the urine samples taken by the GP to test,as well as multiple blood test all of which came back showing no indication as to why he has blood and clots in his urine and sperm. He has been sent to a urologist who has sent him for an ultrasound and another urine sample has been taken for pathology, were still waiting on the results for this but the ultrasound results say he has calcification of the prostate. However there is no enlargement of the prostate and his kidneys and bladder are all fine.

My question to you is what does calcification of the prostate mean? and is there a chance that this is the first indication that he will develop stones in his prostate or cancer later in life? This is very much a worry to me because it happens after sex, making me feel that it could be because of me and so i am reluctant to have sex with him in case i am hurting him in some way. i would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to read this question and i look forward to reading your answer.
dee83

Postby Miguel » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:55 am

Hi, My husband is 29 years old and in good health however over the past year he has had blood and clots in his urine and or sperm after we have sex. He went to his local doctor who at first put him on antibiotics because he thought it may just be an infection after 7 visits for the same problem and 7 lots of being on antibiotics and the problem still reoccurring and nothing being found in the urine samples taken by the GP to test,as well as multiple blood test all of which came back showing no indication as to why he has blood and clots in his urine and sperm. He has been sent to a urologist who has sent him for an ultrasound and another urine sample has been taken for pathology, were still waiting on the results for this but the ultrasound results say he has calcification of the prostate. However there is no enlargement of the prostate and his kidneys and bladder are all fine.

My question to you is what does calcification of the prostate mean? and is there a chance that this is the first indication that he will develop stones in his prostate or cancer later in life? This is very much a worry to me because it happens after sex, making me feel that it could be because of me and so i am reluctant to have sex with him in case i am hurting him in some way. i would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to read this question and i look forward to reading your answer.
Miguel

Postby Hanlon » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:32 am

Shannon:

Calcification of the prostate is very common and has no significant clinical effects.  The blood is another story.  Ultrasound is a start, but a more involved investigation, possibly with a cystoscopy, will probably be needed.  Most of the time, nothing really bad is found in this age group.  This does not mean he will or will not eventually have a prostate or bladder cancer.  They are unrelated.  Follow the advice of his urologist.
Hanlon

Return to Bladder Cancer