Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Blood Flakes In Urine.

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Blood Flakes In Urine.

Postby Colby » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:09 am

I have blood flakes Everytime I go to the bathroom, as well when I try to exercise or go to work. I recently had surgery for an 8mm kidney stone. Also my kidney feels inflated Everytime I try pick up things off the ground. Is there anything I can eat or some type of tea I can take instead of medication?
Colby

Blood Flakes In Urine.

Postby Dantae » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:31 pm

Jason

The flakes you are seeing are actually fragments of the stone. I may only speculate that you had ESWL known as "lithoptripsy" this is latin for stone-breaking. When a shockwave hits a kidney stone the stone is pulverized into dust like fragments, therefore the fact that you see the particles means they actually did a good job hitting the stone. Your job now is to increase your water intake and wash out those fragments. The kidney is inflated as you feel but its called renal edema, or tissue swelling. The shockwave is so powerful it would be like being punched in the kidney 20X from a boxing champion in the kidney, this is why patients are put to sleep for the procedure. Unfortunately the only thing you can do for this recovery part is to wait for swelling to subside. Some physicians will prescribe pain medication but some do not. I can not recommend anti-inflammatory drugs while you have blood in the urine because the bleeding will be prolonged due to the medicine's ability to inhibit blood clotting. Your only choice is Tylenol and increased water. I wish you well things will get better !  
Dantae

Blood Flakes In Urine.

Postby Charraigaich » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:07 am

I have blood flakes Everytime I go to the bathroom, as well when I try to exercise or go to work. I recently had surgery for an 8mm kidney stone. Also my kidney feels inflated Everytime I try pick up things off the ground. Is there anything I can eat or some type of tea I can take instead of medication?
Charraigaich

Return to Kidney Cancer