Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bleeding very heavy after sex (not my first time)?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby marleigh » Mon May 20, 2013 9:07 pm

i had sex last night and today the blood is pouring out of me this is the 3rd time i got my period this month!and anytime i have sex i always bleed very heavy why is this happening?im 18
marleigh

Postby salem97 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:09 pm

i had sex last night and today the blood is pouring out of me this is the 3rd time i got my period this month!and anytime i have sex i always bleed very heavy why is this happening?im 18
Bleeding during or after sex is not considered normal and therefore should be evaluated at all times. The only time bleeding during or after sex is considered normal in some cases is if you are having sexual intercourse for the first time and the first few times after having sex for the first time.

Some causes of vaginal bleeding after sex, such as vaginal dryness after menopause or in some cases by the use of certain types of birth control pills are not serious and may be easily treated.

However, in some cases, vaginal bleeding after sex can be a sign of a serious underlying problem, including:

* Inflammation of the cervix (cervicitis).
* Sexually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia or gonorrhea.
* Cervical polyps.
* Cervical ectropion, a condition in which the cervical tissue is more susceptible to abrasion.
* Endometriosis or ovarian cysts.
* Pelvic inflammatory disease.
* Uterine fibroids.
* Cancer of the cervix, uterus or vagina.

If you continue to experience bleeding during or after sex, I would recommend that you consult with your doctor/gynaecologist to see what they think could be causing this.

Good luck :)
salem97

Postby eadwyn » Mon May 20, 2013 9:15 pm

It's rare but it could possibly be cervical cancer, go to the Dr's!
eadwyn

Postby peppino » Mon May 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Jumping to conclusions help no one so ignore obviously cruel answer. You need to ask this question of a gynecologist.You may have a cut or sore spot that is not being allowed to heal. Perhaps you are not wet enough or do not use a lubricant. There can be any number of reasons that are just guesses. Go get checked out.
peppino

Return to Cervical Cancer