Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bladder Mass

All discussions relating to bladder cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Bladder Mass

Postby Allon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:22 pm

im a 22 yr old female, im 12 wks pregnant, had an ultrasound, they saw a mass in my bladder that is 3 cm. what could this be, and is there any chance it is not cancer?
Allon

Bladder Mass

Postby Bertram » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:15 am

Jade, tumors of the bladder can occur inpatients of your age but that would be an extremely rare instance.  Ultrasound(US) of the bladder may demonstrate a mass "effect".  This can either be due to something inside the bladder(such as a tumor or stone) or something pressing on the outside of the bladder causing an indentation that resembles a bladder mass.  Most often, the latter is due to stool in the colon pushing on the bladder wall.  I would suggest that you see a urologist in consultation.  Get a copy of the US and take it with you.  The urologist may decide to repeat the US or just to do a cystoscopy to clarify the problem with certainty.  A cystoscopy is a direct examination of the interior of the bladder with a small, flexible lighted instrument.  It can easily be done in the office, takes about 5 minutes, does not require anesthesia and is not contraindicated by your pregnancy. Statistically, the likelihood of you having a tumor is small but you need to see a urologist to determine what is causing the bladder abnormality on US.  Good luck.
Bertram

Bladder Mass

Postby artis » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:37 am

im a 22 yr old female, im 12 wks pregnant, had an ultrasound, they saw a mass in my bladder that is 3 cm. what could this be, and is there any chance it is not cancer?
artis

Return to Bladder Cancer