Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Black mole like dot on the inside of my cheek HELP!?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby lynd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:57 am

I'm 14 if that helps...I woke up this morning and felt a little bump on the inside of my left cheek. I looked in the mirror and there is a very dark red, almost black, mole like bump. It protrudes very slightly, when you look at it its harder to see that its a bump but it is immediately noticeable when I feel it with my tongue. It's about the size of a nail head. It doesn't hurt at all. I read on the internet that it could either be some kind of mouth tattoo or something but I don't think that's it cause when I look at pictures of those they are completely black and flat. I also read that it could be a blood clot from biting my cheeks to hard. Could it also be melanoma?? I don't know what to do! Please help
lynd

Postby coch » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 am

It's almost certainly a blood blister from biting your cheek even if you don't recall ever doing it but if its still there and hasn't changed colour in say 4 or 5 days go to your DENTIST they are the experts on oral cancers but I'm quite sure it's not that from your description.
Dont panic. best of luck
coch

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer