Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Black mark under Big toe Nails ?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby pallaton16 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:02 am

Hello. Im wondering about black marks that developed under my 3 year olds toe nails a few months ago.
I assumed he hurt his toes, but don`t remember it happening.
I first noticed them around 6 months ago.
They are located on both of the big toes.

one starts at the bottom and makes a line ( it isnt necessarily straight) a quarter of the way up ( right foot )

The other is a black blotch at the top of the toe ( left foot)

they sort of look like permanent marker marking but theyre definetly under the toe.

Today i decided to look it up .. thought it might be a fungus or something
I found the melanoma under the nail bed.
It says its very rare in caucasian people (like my son) and in children ( hes only 3!)

But im still worried.

Have you had melanoma under the toe nail? what did it look like ? .. do you know if children have had it ??

what were the outcomes ??

for the 6 months that ive noticed it. It hasnt gotten bigger.. its always been black like parmenent black marker, never red or yellow or any other type of bruise color.

thoughts ??

thanks

signed worried mama.. heading to the docs monday morning.
pallaton16

Postby treowbrycg » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 am

Hello. Im wondering about black marks that developed under my 3 year olds toe nails a few months ago.
I assumed he hurt his toes, but don`t remember it happening.
I first noticed them around 6 months ago.
They are located on both of the big toes.

one starts at the bottom and makes a line ( it isnt necessarily straight) a quarter of the way up ( right foot )

The other is a black blotch at the top of the toe ( left foot)

they sort of look like permanent marker marking but theyre definetly under the toe.

Today i decided to look it up .. thought it might be a fungus or something
I found the melanoma under the nail bed.
It says its very rare in caucasian people (like my son) and in children ( hes only 3!)

But im still worried.

Have you had melanoma under the toe nail? what did it look like ? .. do you know if children have had it ??

what were the outcomes ??

for the 6 months that ive noticed it. It hasnt gotten bigger.. its always been black like parmenent black marker, never red or yellow or any other type of bruise color.

thoughts ??

thanks

signed worried mama.. heading to the docs monday morning.
Hi. Seriously doubt its a melanoma. Sounds like a toe fungus. Don't worry mamma.
treowbrycg

Postby arend » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 am

NOT melenoma, the fact that it hasnt grown, if it was it wouldve got larger in about 3 weeks less! its not cancer, relax mama ;) its probably a fungus infection ALSO its like 0.1 percent its cancer due to a kid that young relax ok :)
arend

Postby hezekiah » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:11 am

I have never seen anyone, of any age, of any race, have bilateral melanoma anywhere – add that to your already unbelievable odds.
hezekiah

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer