Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Best Hair Extensions?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Best Hair Extensions?

Postby Menzies » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:00 pm

There are various colors you can buy @ Claire's 2/$5, works great without the risks of hair damage, cancer or hair loss.
I also do not recommend hair ext. if you've got thin, thinning hair, trying to grow hair or Afri-Amer.
Traction alopecia is hair loss that occurs as a result of continuous pulling of the hair. Pulling may occur from hairstyles such as tight cornrows, plaits or braids with or without extensions, weaves, ponytails or even hair rollers or curlers. Natural hairstyles can also lead to traction alopecia as well. Long heavy locks and tightly coiled twists can lead to traction alopecia. The hair loss associated with traction alopecia typically occurs at the frontal hairline, at the temples or the area of the scalp above the ears. It may also occur at the posterior hairline.

Heat & chemicals are hair's worst enemies.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists.
In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 22 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < <
Menzies

Best Hair Extensions?

Postby Dakarai » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Go to the nearest salon
Dakarai

Best Hair Extensions?

Postby merritt86 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Well its not good to over dye your extensions no matter what. But i actually dyed mine twice and it looks good still. I dont recommend it but it worked out for me, i got lucky lol. I have the Celebrity Strands extensions. Since they are real human hair they are dyeable. So i think that would be best for you. I curl mine all the time btw, it just looks better curled (well like light waves, thats what i do) Hope this helps girly!!
merritt86

Best Hair Extensions?

Postby Montagu » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:07 pm

When I had extensions, I got clip in Remi extensions from Sallys. They're 100 dollars per set, which is a good price. They lasted me for 2 years, and I dyed them twice and curled/straightened them all the time.
Montagu

Best Hair Extensions?

Postby Cinnard » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Luxy Hair
Cinnard

Best Hair Extensions?

Postby Wulfcot » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 pm

I was the same way, I finally chopped off all my hair cause I wanted healthy hair, i got mine from ebay! there cheap and work great, and you don't have to spend a lot every time you dye them too much
Wulfcot

Best Hair Extensions?

Postby MacNeill » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:14 pm

the weave ones that celebrities positioned on harm your hair. they pull on the hair and bypass away you with bald patches - see the %. of victoria beckham. additionally they are very high priced, even nevertheless do stay in for longer than the different form of extension. the glue in ones are magnificent. I even have had them for over 2 years and that they have got actually HELPED my hair to enhance! i had them put in consistently for about 3 months and my hair substitute into two times as thick whilst i eventually took them out. my hairdresser (who's additionally a tricologist) pronounced it quite is on account which you're actually not in a position to get magnificent to the basis whilst brushing, washing, straightening etc so your roots are in a position to enhance in a vogue they could in no way generally have the means to. they could be redone on basic each 2 weeks yet they are affordable and a collection will final a pair of 12 months in case you seem after them. however, constantly have them put in by potential of a expert and dont attemp;t to do them your self or getting a chum to do them. it quite is how ppl harm their hair with extensions. the clip in ones could pull your hair out slightly yet as they are basic to get rid of and pa out on the tip of daily they are actually not going to do plenty long term harm to your hair. they dont seem as good or as actual with the aid of fact the different 2 types nevertheless and you will often tell whilst somebody is donning them.
MacNeill

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer