Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Auto Loan Company Harassment

Liver Cancer research, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby Bedford » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:34 pm

ok heres my question, my sisters husband was recently diagnosed with terminal liver  cancer. he is a stage 4 which means the last stage before death. they have  kids to take care of and he can no longer work and is getting tempory disability. the loan company keeps calling them if  they are even 3 days late and they know of his condition but still have continued to call and hang up as much as 7 times a day.is their anything they can do to get this terrorism to stop i find it sickening that these vultures only care about the dollar and not the lives of people thanks for any help or advice you can give me
Bedford

Postby Valentino » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:05 pm

They can only call as they are allowed by the FDCPA(Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) and if you think they are violating this, I would send them a cease & desist letter and file a complaint with the FTC(Federal Trade Commission).  I have included a link to a site that oultines the entire FDCPA, and includes a link(in the blue section at the top) where you can file a complaint.  http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm

If you send a letter to the agency calling, send it certfied, return receipt requested.  Let them know the nature of his illness, and ask them to stop calling, as your sister is well aware of the debt.  

Hope this helps, Kathleen Eads
Valentino

Postby Goddard » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:46 pm

ok heres my question, my sisters husband was recently diagnosed with terminal liver  cancer. he is a stage 4 which means the last stage before death. they have  kids to take care of and he can no longer work and is getting tempory disability. the loan company keeps calling them if  they are even 3 days late and they know of his condition but still have continued to call and hang up as much as 7 times a day.is their anything they can do to get this terrorism to stop i find it sickening that these vultures only care about the dollar and not the lives of people thanks for any help or advice you can give me
Goddard

Return to Liver Cancer