Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Are there any distinct symptoms difference between breast cancer and breast cyst disease?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Are there any distinct symptoms difference between breast cancer and breast cyst disease?

Postby makkapitew38 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:35 am

More than a year ago I noticed an orange spot had developed on my right breast. It's about an inch in diameter and has a soft texture.
Here I am over a year later with the same issue. The spot hasn't gone away at all. When it first developed, it wasn't painful to the touch. But as time went by, I started having sharp pains in the area that lasted a few seconds. Though It doesn't happen very often, it still alarmed me the couple of times it did.
I went bra shopping the other week and found a newly formed lump located in the exact spot of the orange area in my breast. The lump wasn't very big, but it was noticeable. But over these few weeks the lump has grown in size gradually yet significantly and it is very painful to the touch.
My grandma had breast cancer and my mom has chronic breast cyst disease. I actually have ovarian cyst myself, which therefore my periods are very irregular but I don't know if that is even relevant to the topic.
There's no telling what is going on for sure until I visit a gynecologist, but until I have enough money to go to one, I won't know.
So for the time being, does anyone know if there is any distinct symptom of either of these conditions that can rule out the other for sure?
I'm 14 years old by the way and I am aware that breast cancer is extremely rare to come across in a teenager, but you never know.
thanks!
makkapitew38

Postby crombwiella83 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 am

hey..can't tell for sure unless there is a biopsy done..but difference between cyst and and carcinomas that cysts are numerous in number and occur in both sides,but cancer is a single in number and occurs only on one side."orange spot"....i guess it is inflammatory type of tumor.....better check that out...
crombwiella83

Postby jackson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:48 am

What you are describing has nothing to do with Breast Cancer. See your doctor, he can put your mind at ease in 5 minutes.
jackson

Postby ceannfhionn6 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:54 am

Breast cancer is a non painful malignant lump.
There is no pain in early stages of breast cancer.
If this lump is on your breast, not inside then it's not breast cancer.
Cysts will enlarge & become painful before & during period.
Then subside til the next period comes.
You may have chronic breast disease not breast cancer.
But find a way somehow to see the doctor.
ceannfhionn6

Postby fiacra49 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:58 am

Cystic breasts is not a disease in actuality. It's very common in females. 14 year olds don't see a gynocologist unless they're sexually active.
fiacra49

Return to Ovarian Cancer