Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Are Cigarettes More Dangerous Now Than 50 Years Ago?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby atzel » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Thinking back to old Hollywood glamour when everyone seemed to smoke back then and thinking on today, there didn't seem to be nearly the health problems back then that there are today. Today, we turn on the TV and see infomercials about cigarettes making people have to breathe through tubes, spend their lives in wheel chairs, have bluish gray skin, etc. And in every health class it is taught that cigarettes are so bad for you. Well my question is this: why weren't they that bad back then? I know back then people were not educated like we are about it but even still it didn't seem like all these people were suddenly getting cancer and dying. So I am just wondering are our cigarettes today more dangerous than back then? What about natural tabacco cigarettes? Are those less dangerous since they do not have all the additives that "typical" cigarettes have?
atzel

Postby andi » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:32 pm

Yes they are prolly more dangerous now days most likely because of all the different chemicals they added in the past years.
andi

Postby askuwheteau » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:51 pm

the organic cigarettes are better for u than the regular mass produced ones, but ur kidding urself about the rest. Burning leaves, any leaves, is what produces the nastiest of the chemicals. So whether u smoke a malboro, an american spirit or even catnip, the leaves are still burning.
Toxic lifestyles are whats killing ppl more these days and its all to do with what ppl eat, whats in their food, if it even is food, and what they do and dont do. U just see things more because theres the internet and computers and tvs everywhere, more components of a toxic lifestyle.
askuwheteau

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer