Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Am I, or my family cursed/crossed/hexed/whatever?…

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby meredith » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 am

Ok, here it goes.
With 7 was stabbed with bayonet in my leg, almost lost it.
With 13 lost father in Bosnian war.
With 14 my mother got ill from cancer and later thyroid gland disorder.
With 16 survived bombing.
With 19 lost brother.
With 24 again almost lost mother (in case i reacted 10 minutes later she would die).
Last year I finished faculty and then found out that i won't be able to work because of criminal history of some family members.
Last 4 weeks: Found that my brother is hooked on heroin very hard (recovering now). Tried to emigrate when my friend told me literally 5 minutes before my departure that she won't help me and i backed off (because of guy she met online 10 months ago and met with him a couple of days ago:we were only friends, nothing else). Then my pc "died" and yesterday my mother ended up in hospital again:hard case of pneumonia with meningitis (it August and Summer!!).
Whatever I do, I fail. Whatever my family do, they fail.
My love life:umm, what love life?What is that? Is that something to put on bread for breakfast, or what :P?
I am trying not to be negative no matter everything, but it's really hard. Yesterday my friend told me I should do some uncrossing ritual?I am Orthodox Christian, but neither that is helping. Is there something unnatural going on?Some curse, witchcrafts? Any suggestion or advice is welcomed, I am opening myself for everything :).
meredith

Postby hulbart » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 am

what ever you believe it will be so, so physician heal thyself,

ACT 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus

unto Pharaoh and to the Egyptians for Israel's sake, and all the travail that had come upon them by the way, and how the LORD delivered them.

EXO 18:9 And Jethro rejoiced for all the goodness which the LORD had done to Israel, whom he had delivered out of the hand of the Egyptians.

EXO 18:10 And Jethro said, Blessed be the LORD, who hath delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of Pharaoh, who hath delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians.

EXO 18:11 Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them.

that they may rejoice, and sleep a perpetual sleep, and not wake, saith the LORD.

JER 51:40 I will bring them down like lambs to the slaughter, like rams with he goats
hulbart

Postby lucila » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:02 am

you sound like you live in a war-torn, unsanitary, violent country. It's not a hex or supernatural occurance.
lucila

Postby acair » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 am

Have a talk with your priest. I don't know of any such ritual in the Orthodox Church, but having the prayers of the priest and others will help.

Blessings.
/Orthodox
acair

Postby jackson » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:10 am

you survived being stabbed, your mother survived twice, you survived a bombing, your brother is recovering, it sounds to me like you are surviving life. Life is like a roller coaster full of ups and downs. Good times and times of sorrow, without the bad we would never recognize the good and appreciate it for what it is. I do not believe you are cursed or anything like that.

I am by no means trying to make little of what you have survived just looking at it in a different way.
jackson

Return to Thyroid Cancer