Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Am I At Risk Of Asbestos Poisoning?? 10 Points!?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby Berwynne » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:16 pm

My room is upstairs and near my bed there is a little door that leads into what is basically a tiny space like an attic full of fluffy insulation and a few wires with no proper floor. The little door does not completely seal the area and if i put my hand near the space i can feel a constant, slight breeze coming through from the tiny area into my bedroom. I have no idea if there is any asbestos present in the area, but if there is, could wind disturb it and potentially pose a health risk? Any answers are appreciated!
Berwynne

Postby kirkley36 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Could there be a risk, yes. Is that risk measurable, no, it will be so near zero that you are more likely to be struck by lightning. Get some weather stripping and seal around the door. It is not likely to be asbestos, but there are some rare cases, it might be. Get the insulation tested.
kirkley36

Postby Garnett » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Asbestos was never used in domestic lofts for insulation. You could always stick some self adhesive draught strip on the batten that supports the loft hatch. This will stop any draughts and save money on heating in the cold weather.
Garnett

Postby Linley » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:33 pm

My room is upstairs and near my bed there is a little door that leads into what is basically a tiny space like an attic full of fluffy insulation and a few wires with no proper floor. The little door does not completely seal the area and if i put my hand near the space i can feel a constant, slight breeze coming through from the tiny area into my bedroom. I have no idea if there is any asbestos present in the area, but if there is, could wind disturb it and potentially pose a health risk? Any answers are appreciated!
Linley

Return to Mesothelioma Forum