Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Alternative triple negative breast cancer cures?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby guin » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:56 am

Any natural treatemtns for invasive ductal cancer with triple negative results?
guin

Postby haye » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:48 am

Any natural treatemtns for invasive ductal cancer with triple negative results?
haye

Postby sagar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:56 am

No, trust me, I've tried some and they're all alike, fakes, money making schemes and you don't want to waste your time and money on these fakes. I wish Obama would that into law
sagar

Postby eochaidh » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:04 am

In this context, 'alternative' is simply another word for 'unproven'; if an alternative treatment had been proven to work, it would no longer be 'alternative'.

No, there are no alternative or natural cures for breast cancer, triple neg or otherwise, I'm sorry. If something had been proven to work in clinical trials it would be in use in hospitals.

Please be very wary in your search for alternative treatments; wherever there's cancer there's an unscrupulous charlatan eager to part desperate and vulnerable people from their cash in exchange for ineffective and sometimes dangerous 'treatments' and 'cures'.

And there are many people who mean well but know nothing about cancer; they just have a warm fuzzy feeling that natural is best and have a pet 'alternative cure' they found on the internet.

If you're tempted by any particular alternative, do a search on this site for real information before investing money, hope or (most dangerous of all for a cancer patient) time in it.

http://www.quackwatch.org/

If you haven't found them already, the best sites for information are

http://www.breastcancer.org

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk

As well as having a lot of information (especially the second one), they both have forums where you can talk to other women about their experiences and get information; both have a forum for triple neg breast cancer
eochaidh

Postby danon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:08 am

Need more info here. Do you have invasive ductal cancer that has already been treated and the retest shows negative results?

Or is it something like estrogen/progesterone negative results?
danon

Postby brigg » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 am

I am a 17 Year survivor of stage IV-trip neg-if that gives you nothing other than hope. I was steered toward a new (for that time) trial/protocol that has since proved less than optimal for most, so no longer in use. It worked for me, but not enough others to keep it a viable option. Have your oncologist look into suitable trials all over the country. But there is nothing "natural" about cancer treatments. Lose your hair, lose your breast, but don't lose your life without a good fight
brigg

Postby ahimelech » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:15 am

Triple Negative Breast Cancer is a very aggressive form of cancer, one that if not treated it can lead to death. The good news about it is that it responds very well to chemotherapy. My wife had this kind of breast cancer and we are a year though treatment and two years since diagnosis.

Here is a web site dedicated to patients that have this kind of breast cancer. There I am known as "scared". I hope you find it useful, and stick to traditional methods of treating this disease. By the way there is at the site a forum discussion of alternative treatments.

www.tnbcfoundation.org/
ahimelech

Postby emile98 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 am

If I had this i wouldn't care what treatment was used, as long as it helped me I would take any treatment. I Googled these medications that are recommended for triple negative breast cancer. Invasive ductal cancer is very common but triple negative breast cancer is very rare? which one is it.

Platinum drugs
A group of chemotherapy drugs. Includes cisplatin, carboplatin, oxaliplatin and satraplatin. Docetaxel is one of the taxane drugs that were originally developed from the yew tree. Docetaxel is a man-made drug that was first made from the needles of the yew tree. It is also known by its brand name, Taxotere. It works by stopping the cancer cells from separating into 2 new cells, so it blocks the growth of the cancer
emile98

Postby izyan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 am

I believe Christianity is your best bet in this type of situation.
izyan

Return to Breast Cancer