Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

A Couple Of Weeks Ago I Swept Out An Outer Building (ie. Storage Shed. It Has An Asbestos Roof, Which, My Lan?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

A Couple Of Weeks Ago I Swept Out An Outer Building (ie. Storage Shed. It Has An Asbestos Roof, Which, My Lan?

Postby Cesar » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:22 pm

has asbestos roof which is supposed to be safe - but I have had breathing problems which have been quite bad and frightening.
My chest is tight and have wheezing but no phlem or other substances come out when I try to stop the wheezing.
Could these symptoms have been due to inhaling the dust and debris from asbestos which is Not in good order ? What should I do ?
Cesar

Postby laurean84 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:24 pm

has asbestos roof which is supposed to be safe - but I have had breathing problems which have been quite bad and frightening.
My chest is tight and have wheezing but no phlem or other substances come out when I try to stop the wheezing.
Could these symptoms have been due to inhaling the dust and debris from asbestos which is Not in good order ? What should I do ?
laurean84

Postby Thormond » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Not likely from the work you just did. It takes a while to have issues from asbestos - however if you were breathing in insulation, that is a different problem altogether. You may want to go see a physician before it gets any worse.
Thormond

Postby Adny » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:28 pm

What do you mean Asbestos roof? Asphalt asbestos shingles? You would not be having immediate symptoms. Takes years. Unless you were sanding or grinding the shingles you were not generating any loose asbestos. Even then most of it is bound by the asphalt.
Adny

Postby Dariel » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Those are only symptoms of asbestos illness for those who have be constantly and repeatedly exposed for 30-40 years. Talk to a doctor if your are concerned. I am pretty sure it not from the shed roof.
Dariel

Postby Dinari » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:30 pm

possible yeah
Dinari

Return to Mesothelioma Forum