Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

3mm Nodule On Urinary Bladder

All discussions relating to bladder cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby Delaney » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:08 pm

I received 6 bcg treatmnents in 2011 have cystoscopies every 3 months since.Now a cat scan has shown a 3mm nodule on the urinary bladder. My urogolist has recommended surgury, do you agree.thank you for any help.
Delaney

Postby Fairleigh » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:03 pm

what kind of surgery?  If he wants to do a transurethral resection, that would be fine.  If he wants to remove your bladder, that's another story.  If the nodule is in the inside of the bladder, it should be removed first before deciding on next steps.  If it is in the muscle tissue of the bladder, I'd want to see if it changes over time, because 3 mm is pretty small;  if it grows in 3 months, then I'd assume it was cancer.  If it is on the outside of the bladder, I'd watch that as well.  Having your bladder removed is a big step, and I'd want to be sure it was cancer that was being treated, and not something else.  Also you should check into alternatives if it turns out to be cancer.  Bladders can be spared sometimes by a course of chemotherapy followed by radiation to the bladder.  Usually when this is done, things are checked during treatment and if the cancer doesn't disappear early, surgery is recommended.  Hope this helps.  
Fairleigh

Postby Thurlow » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:54 am

I received 6 bcg treatmnents in 2011 have cystoscopies every 3 months since.Now a cat scan has shown a 3mm nodule on the urinary bladder. My urogolist has recommended surgury, do you agree.thank you for any help.
Thurlow

Return to Bladder Cancer