Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

23 Year Old Male: Early Colon Cancer Symptoms Or Just 'regular' Constipation?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby Gormant » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 pm

(Just a quick side note: I am going to have a colon screening done. Unfortunately, I'm pretty convinced that what I'm experiencing isn't just 'regular' constipation. :[)

Naturally, I have a brief history of mild anxiety and panic attacks ? and by brief, I mean not brief at all. And by mild, I mean severe. By now I've realized that anxiety reinvents itself, so I wanted to reach out for some helpful advice.

It's come to my attention that I've been constipated longer than a few days now.

I haven't been having regular bowel movements. When I do, I get that feeling like everything is going to come right out with no effort, but then all I have are thin stools; the combined proportion nowhere near the quantity of food I've eaten.

The odd thing is, I'm eating healthy. Whole wheat bread & pasta, eggs, brown rice, chicken, steak, etc. On top of everything, I've been drinking around a gallon of water everyday. I immediately implemented more water into my diet when I started feeling awful on-and-off stomach pains, from what I had to assume was from not being able to have frequent or substantial bowel movements. While that helped the pain (I still get it, but not nearly as frequently), it hasn't helped with the bowel movements.

Colon cancer symptoms:

? A change in bowel habits, such as diarrhea, constipation, or narrowing of the stool, that lasts

for more than a few days. ?

? A feeling that you need to have a bowel movement that is not relieved by doing so. ?

? Rectal bleeding, dark stools, or blood in the stool (often, though, the stool will look normal). ? My stool does still look normal, which it appears is irrelevant?

? Cramping or abdominal (belly) pain. ?

? Weakness and fatigue. X

? Unintended weight loss. Unconfirmed.
Gormant

Postby Camdan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm

(Just a quick side note: I am going to have a colon screening done. Unfortunately, I'm pretty convinced that what I'm experiencing isn't just 'regular' constipation. :[)

Naturally, I have a brief history of mild anxiety and panic attacks ? and by brief, I mean not brief at all. And by mild, I mean severe. By now I've realized that anxiety reinvents itself, so I wanted to reach out for some helpful advice.

It's come to my attention that I've been constipated longer than a few days now.

I haven't been having regular bowel movements. When I do, I get that feeling like everything is going to come right out with no effort, but then all I have are thin stools; the combined proportion nowhere near the quantity of food I've eaten.

The odd thing is, I'm eating healthy. Whole wheat bread & pasta, eggs, brown rice, chicken, steak, etc. On top of everything, I've been drinking around a gallon of water everyday. I immediately implemented more water into my diet when I started feeling awful on-and-off stomach pains, from what I had to assume was from not being able to have frequent or substantial bowel movements. While that helped the pain (I still get it, but not nearly as frequently), it hasn't helped with the bowel movements.

Colon cancer symptoms:

? A change in bowel habits, such as diarrhea, constipation, or narrowing of the stool, that lasts

for more than a few days. ?

? A feeling that you need to have a bowel movement that is not relieved by doing so. ?

? Rectal bleeding, dark stools, or blood in the stool (often, though, the stool will look normal). ? My stool does still look normal, which it appears is irrelevant?

? Cramping or abdominal (belly) pain. ?

? Weakness and fatigue. X

? Unintended weight loss. Unconfirmed.
Camdan

Postby chadburn46 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Sounds like simple IBS, Or Celiac...I have been constipated for more than 40 years so I know what you mean. You may be allergic to wheat. You could also be getting too much water. Your changes in bowel habits have probably nothing to do with colon cancer...alot of symptoms can mimic cancer but really aren't. I am sure that your doctor can put your mind at ease in a jiffy. Good Luck at the doctors, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.
chadburn46

Return to Colon Cancer