Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

23 With Colon Cancer?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

23 With Colon Cancer?

Postby Bronnson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 am

I am worried. I had the flu 2 weeks ago, got better for 4 days or so and then got sick and lost my appetite again, I stopped eating most food and hardly eat anything and for a week I haven't gotten much sleep. I have cramps that come and go and always feel constipated. When I pooped there is a very foul odor ( I don't know if it is caused by the antibiotics)? Anyways, I hope I don't have colon cancer... What are the chances? Also, when I went to the doctor they did a test on my stool (stuck his finger up my butt) and got some stool and said that there was some blood!! And I have noticed twice now that there is tiny bit of blood when i wipe :/
Bronnson

23 With Colon Cancer?

Postby Yuli » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:29 am

breast cancer
Yuli

23 With Colon Cancer?

Postby Telford » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 am

Stop worrying. You don't have colon cancer. The symptoms you describe sounds more like an inflammatory condition, which may very well be self limiting. And your doctor does not seem to worry about you having cancer either (He/she should have discussed this with you).

On rare occasions I have examined bowel cancers (as a pathologist) in patients who were in their late twenties. But they had predisposing conditions.
Telford

23 With Colon Cancer?

Postby Sherlock » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:51 am

The blood is from Hemmeroids caused by the constipation. I have lived with this problem for 35 years. Give your body time to adjust from the flu you had. You do NOT Have colon cancer.
Sherlock

Return to Colon Cancer