Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

19 year old bleeding from rectum off and on for 2 years..can it be colon cancer?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

19 year old bleeding from rectum off and on for 2 years..can it be colon cancer?

Postby paegastun » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:32 pm

At first i thought it was hemmriods. then like 6 months ago I had what look like a flap a skin on my rectum(hemmriods) then I convinced myself i had an anal fissure.Because they cause alot of pain and I bleed bright red blood. but last few weeks ive been kinda nervous because i feel weak(a sign of anemia-a symptom of colon cancer) and I just had a bright red blood clog come out. don tknow what this means. is it possible to have colon cancer at 19.?/?please help
paegastun

Postby tancred » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Ok ... don't freak yourself out. Just because you have rectal bleeding does not mean that you have colon cancer. Being as the blood is bright red- chances are it is just hemorrhoids. HOWEVER... being as this is not the first time time this is happened- it is worth it to get it checked out. There are several things that could be causing your symptoms. You may be feeling weak due to fatigue and perhaps you are going to start your period soon. Don't panic yourself. Get plenty of fiber in your diet (this will help- regulate your bowel movements- when not regular can irritate hemorrhoids) and make schedule a visit with your doc. Hope this helps!
tancred

Postby airleas » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:41 pm

You REALLY need to go to the doctor.
airleas

Postby delany » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Dont go crazy thinking youve got cancer.. Get a colonoscopy from your doc.. From what i heard its not painful anymore.. Just go cause you;ll regret it if you dont go and have something bad..
delany

Postby wu » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:00 pm

It is possible, but is more likely to be hemmroids or polyp. Go to the Dr. and get checked please.
wu

Postby aeneas87 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Well, it could be colon cancer, but it's more likely hemorrhoids. Everything you described, including the clotting blood fits. If you've been losing blood on and off for 2 years out your butt, plus your period, you could be slightly anemic. Is there some reason you are NOT talking to your doctor about this and asking US?!? The most important thing about colon cancer to know is that it's well treated if caught EARLY. If you have a history of people in your family who have colon cancer, you have a higher chance of having it, too, but 19 is pretty young. Still, you should just have it checked out. What--are you embarassed about talking to your doctor about your butthole? Think of your digestive tract as a whole thing with your mouth at the start and your butthole at the end. There--you aren't embarassed to go to the dentist, are you? Well, don't be overly modest about the other end. The doctor has seen it before. The exam is a piece of cake. You lay on your side on the exam table with one of those paper sheets over your bottom half, facing away from the doctor, pull your knees up slightly, and the doctor will do the finger/rectal exam with a glove and some lubricant. It takes about 5 seconds. No big deal, and you leave with information that solves the mystery. You can also have your gynocologist check it out when you go for a pap. A lot of gyns do that as a routine part of the exam. Call for an appointment tomorrow, and while you're waiting for your appointment date, would you think about taking a multivitamin with iron once a day? That will help with the anemia. Don't over do it--too much iron is as bad as too little. Now get going!
aeneas87

Postby willamar » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Could be anal warts. Go to a dr. and get it looked at. 2 years is 2 years too long to wait. If you did have colon or anal cancer, you'd be long dead by now.
willamar

Postby jager15 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:16 pm

It is less likely to be a cancer, but the synptoms are calling for a check up.
Visit a General Surgeon. He woul examine and give you a reason for the blood loss as there are quiet a few reasons for bleeding from the rectum.
As far as anemia is concerned, it is a common in females because of the menstrual blood loss, which in your cases has been aggravated by blood loss via rectum.
Therefore, stop thinking about cancer and get treated as this condition may itself make you weak and susceptible to many infections.
jager15

Postby caine » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:29 pm

You could also feel weak do to a loss of blood or low iron.

This could be anything: hemmroids (internal or external -- yes you can have them in places you can't feel), fissure..... Please call your doctor.
caine

Return to Colon Cancer