Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

11 year old Dog has swollen neck and lathergic - Please help?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby lee » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 pm

I have an 11 year old cross German shepperd, yesterday noticed the left hand side of her neck/lymph was swolen and was a large mass.vets have tested for thyroid and also blood tested for heart etc, she is running a fever also and is lathergic from time to time. she is still eating and drinking. The vet priscribed brylic tablets and metacam solution for now and report back in 5 days. Could this be cancer or could it be something else, i thought an absess but the mass is solid, I also think she may have drank some stagnant dirty water could this be the cause. Please help she is my pride and joy... our insurance ran out at 10 year old as well and its already cost £200....
lee

Postby segar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Sorry I cannot tell you what it is. It could be any of what you have listed.

I would like to give this idea for paying for any treatment at your vet. It does depend oh how well you know him, and him you. I used to breed dogs, and the cost of insuring them all from pups to oldies to breeding bi tches. (no insurance covers the latter) So instead of paying for insurance, I set up (with his agreement) a standing order to pay my vet £20 a month. I always had enough for routine stuff, and the amount built up to pay for emergency cover. I did this for years. Every so often he would tell me to stop it once it reached a given amount.

I hope she recovers.

Beulah.
segar

Postby howard » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:28 pm

sorry well it might be time to to put him to sleep cuz that is what happend to 2 of my dogs
howard

Postby pfesssley2 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:40 pm

I think perhaps you should phone your vet and have a chat to see what they think. It could be cancer, but it could be a range of other things too.
pfesssley2

Return to Thyroid Cancer